Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Forget about the tiers, just make sure you sparkle at Christmas

 

LIKE so many people I was really affected by the news that much of country was being put in virtual lockdown.  Like a lot of people, I had special plans for Christmas which had to be cancelled because I’m now in Tier 4.

It was a real shock and as the news sank in,  I felt numb and in a mental place I don’t go into very often.  However since March I’ve found myself having to be far more mentally resilient than ever before and set myself a personal goal of reading a positive thinking/inspiring book every month.

I must admit I didn’t achieve my goal every single month but I’ve no doubt whatsoever this has helped me be stronger during the past nine months.

The latest book I read was Good Vibes, Good Life by Vex King and it’s SO good that my children are each getting one for Christmas!

On Sunday I decided I needed to read some bits again because I REALLY needed it.

This quote jumped off the page and I thought it would be useful to share it with you because it might help you too:

“If you can’t change the situation, change your perception of it.  That’s where personal power lies”.

This is SO true right now.

Many people will have heard me say this several times since March, but stress makes us stupid.  We get stuck and just can’t think.

I was mentally stuck in the negative situation we’re all finding ourselves in but what changed on Sunday was I decided I had the power to choose to think differently if I wanted to.

When the fog cleared a little I decided I wasn’t going to let this situation get the better of me.

I reframed my thinking and Christmas is back on but in a different way.

I’m going to enjoy my home, my family and my dogs.  I’m going to play games with my kids and I’m going to relax and watch some Christmas films (something I NEVER do because I’m always too busy entertaining).

Don’t get me wrong.  I’m very sad and even had some tears.

But this year has taught me what I need to do to keep going and that means loads of self-care is involved!  I need to stop and just be.

I love dressing up and won’t be letting my Christmas outfit go to waste so the sparkle will be well and truly on for a few days.

Hope you’ll be putting on your sparkle too (if that’s what makes you feel good – or PJs if they’re your thing!)

2020 has not unfolded in the way we would have liked.  There have been far ranging difficulties and sadly many many casualties. 

There have also been so many wonderful examples of individuals within our Slimpod community who have embraced the new normal and helped others remain positive.  

I’m so proud of my community and I’m equally proud of my lovely team who are always there to help others. Sometimes it’s the smallest thing that makes the biggest difference.

 COVID may have temporarily taken our freedom, but kindness has shone through and we’ve all been reminded of what’s really important. 

All that’s left is to send you so much love for Christmas and to wish you a happy, peaceful and healthy 2021.  Take care of yourselves and stay safe.

Xx

The post Forget about the tiers, just make sure you sparkle at Christmas appeared first on Slimpod.

No comments:

Post a Comment